[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16289] binding energy of Pd and CeO2(1 1 0) greater than 0

'zhang yipu' via cp2k cp2k at googlegroups.com
Tue Nov 23 09:04:30 UTC 2021

Hello all,
 I put the Pd single atom on the CeO2 (1 1 0) and (1 1 1) surface to
calculate the binding energy (Ebind = Etotal - Epd - Eslab, where Epd is
the total energy of a free pd single atom). The binding energy when pd
supported on (1 1 1) surface is similar to the ref but the pd on the (1 1
0) surface is greater than 0 ( the bind length is similar to ref).
I also calculate the oxygen formation energy of clean (1 1 0) and (1 1 1)
furface , the energy obviously lower than ref (for example , the Eov I
calculated was 1.26 eV , the ref about 2 eV)
I guess there are something wrong in my input file, but I don't know what
goes wrong.
Any help would be appreciated!!!

Zhang yipu