[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16283] stepwise optimization

Mozhdeh Mohammadpour mozhdehmohammadpour at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:45:50 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am using CP2K 6.1.
I would like to optimize alpha glycine (with a monoclinic unit cell) in a
stepwise manner due to problem with convergence of both cell and molecules
simultaneously.
So, I would like to optimize the hyderogens first, then the molecules and
finally the cell.
I am aware of the keyword /motion/constrant/FIXED_ATOMS/list to just allow
the hydrogens moving.
But with the GEO_OPT run, the monoclinic symmetry of the unit cell have
lost and it converged to a cubic cell.
If I use CELL_OPT, It tries to optimized the cell as well as hydrogens.
I would like to know is it possible to do the first step while fixing the
cell symmetry?

Kindest regards,
Mozhdeh