[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16266] Re: Improve extrapolation between relaxation steps?

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:17:55 UTC 2021

Dear Nick

Being possibly a spin polarised, charged, and small gap system it is not
that surprising that the SCF has troubles.
Does the total energy fluctuates significantly among the optimisation
steps?
Have you tried to bias the magnetisation of the atoms close to the defect
to help the SCF find solutions for the real space distribution?
It happens that the SCF gets trapped into a wrong minimum and then
convergence becomes unstable. Have you checked whether the charge
distribution you get at any of those SCF steps is what you would expect?
Best
Marcella

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:25:06 PM UTC+1 nwi... at berkeley.edu