[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16219] Re: stress tensor calculations hanging

martin....@gmail.com martin.hutereau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:21:33 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Just posting an update in case anyone runs into similar issues:
I've followed Matt's suggestion and re-tested my calculations with
STRESS_TENSOR ANALYTICAL, but ran into a similar hanging issue. This time,
the TRACE showed a different MPI call as the last one before hanging
(mp_bcast_b). Using higher cutoffs (as Matt suggested i should probably be
doing anyways) didnt change this.

However, I have re-run these calculations on a different cluster using the
Cray flavour of mpi (cray-mpich-8.0.16), this time without issue. Hence i
believe the problems were related to the mpi builds (all openmpi-3.X) i was
relying on.

Cheers,
Martin