[CP2K-user] [CP2K:16194] Re: stress tensor calculations hanging

martin....@gmail.com martin.hutereau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:42:43 UTC 2021

Hi Matt,

Good catch, i thought i was running with analytical for all my
calculations. I've been testing 3 different parametrisations of SCAN:
D3-BJ, D3, and rVV10; the D3 run with analytical stress tensor however does
seem to run into the same issue as the other 2 using numerical. I'll retry
the other 2 with analytical and see whether that leads to a difference.

Regarding the cutoff, i've followed the approach on the cp2k website
(https://www.cp2k.org/howto:converging_cutoff) while also keeping an eye on
the charge density on the r and g grids. The energy does not tend towards a
converged value while the charge density on grids is constant at ~1.0E-08
across cutoffs in the range 500-1200Ry. I'll take a look at forces to see
whether i get a smoother convergence.

Thanks for your advice,
Martin