[CP2K-user] Problem with K-edge X-Ray absorption calculation

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Mon May 3 10:42:47 UTC 2021

Hi Patrick

My guess is that the problem is due to the localisation performed on all MOS
On the other hand there is no not need to localise all the states. I would
restrict it to the core ones, so that the algorithm can easily identify the
1s of the O you indicate.
This can be done by activating the keyword STATE_SEARCH to restrict the
localisation only to a given number of states, starting from the lowest in
energy.
In this case it should be sufficient to give a number of states  equal to
the number of atoms, since the 1s of Si and O should be the lowest in
energy.

Kind regards
Marcella