[CP2K-user] Problem with K-edge X-Ray absorption calculation

Patrick lolta... at gmail.com
Mon May 3 08:17:25 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I tried doing K-edge X-Ray absorption calculations with cp2k 5.1 (since I
started the project with this version, but version 7 gives me the same
error) of a Si/SiO2 system surrounded by water. The structure is chosen
from an MD run. For the Silicon atoms everything works fine, but when I try
to do a calculation on the oxygen atoms of the water molecules most of them
do not work (a few do) and crash with the following error message:

 *
___                                                                       *
 *  /
\                                                                      *
 *
[ABORT]
*
 *  \___/    A wrong state has been selected for excitation, check the
Wannier *
 *    |
centers                              *
 *
 * /|
|                                                                        *
 * / \
xas_methods.F:1590 *

I attached the structure, one input and output as well. It is the first
system I encounter this problem on and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Best regards
Patrick