[CP2K-user] QM geometry optimisation on a Transition Metal (Fe2+)

salo...@gmail.com salome.l... at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:29:01 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I am trying to run a very simple QM geometry optimisation on a toy system
that includes 91 atoms and 5 atomic kinds (H,C,N,O, Fe2+). The simulation
seems to start OK but ends abruptly after starting the QuickStep
calculation. the last line of the simulation is "No outer SCF", I have no
other error message.

I am a CP2K newcomer and it is the first time I run a system with a
transition metal. Could you help me sort out what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,

Salome