[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14990] Re: CPASSERT failed

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Mar 23 22:31:12 UTC 2021

Hi

you have to decide if you want to perform a periodic calculation
or an isolated molecule calculation.
In any case I think your coordinates and your cell don't match.

You are asking for a tight-binding Hamiltonian (xTB). In this case
you should either use direct calculation of the Coulomb terms (only for
molecules and isolated systems) or using Ewald. But for Ewald summation
you need periodic boundary conditions.

If you are a new user, I suggest to start small. Try a small and tested
system (e.g. from the cp2k/tests/xTB directories).
Learn to get correct results for a smaller system with similar properties
as your target system.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland