[CP2K-user] [CP2K:15636] Re: Dipole Moment. Help wanted.

Alexander Kazakov alexande... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 09:59:48 UTC 2021

Dear Mr. Hutter,

thank you for your reply!

@Literature
I am reading now 2 papers:
* Nicola A. Spaldin DOI: 10.1016/j.jssc.2012.05.010 -- more about the
problem of calculation dipole moment (polarization)
* Konstantin N. Kudin, Roberto Car, and Raffaele Resta DOI:
10.1063/1.2743018

Can you, please, suggest more relevant literature?

@Reference point
Are you talking about this:
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-8_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PRINT/MOMENTS.html#REFERENCE_POINT
?

I see there 4 points which could be a good options, however, all of them
has good default values:

* REFERENCE                   Default value: ZERO
* REFERENCE_2               Default value: ZERO
* REFERENCE_POINT      Default values: 0.00000000E+000 0.00000000E+000
0.00000000E+000
* REFERENCE_POINT_2  Default values: 0.00000000E+000 0.00000000E+000
0.00000000E+000

I am not sure that some others values can bring some benefits for the
simple cubic system with 64 molecules (sparely distributed).

With best regards,
Alexander Kazakov

понедельник, 28 июня 2021 г. в 10:32:08 UTC+2, jgh: