[CP2K-user] How to set Multiplicity correctly

salo...@gmail.com salome.l... at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:50:39 UTC 2021

Dear CP2K users,

I am trying the reproduce an old paper that calculates de binding energies
of oxygen to a heme molecule. According to this reference, different
multiplicities for oxygen and heme should be taken into account. I've tried
to calculate the different energies for the different multiplicity states,
but I consistently get the same results no matter the value I set to the
flag MULTIPLICITY.

I am sure I am overlooking something but I cannot figure it out... I would
be very grateful if you could help me fix this.

I have copied the input file at the end of this email.

I am using CP2K5.1 .

Thank you in advance:

Salome

*&GLOBAL*

*  PROJECT heme_pbe3*

*  RUN_TYPE ENERGY*

*  PRINT_LEVEL LOW*

*&END GLOBAL*

*&FORCE_EVAL*

*  METHOD QS*

*  &SUBSYS*

*    &CELL*

*      ABC 20 20 20*

*      PERIODIC NONE*

*    &END CELL*

*    &TOPOLOGY                    ! Section used to center the atomic
coordinates in the given box. Useful for big molecules*

*      &CENTER_COORDINATES*

*      &END*

*      COORD_FILE_FORMAT xyz*

*      COORD_FILE_NAME  ./heme.xyz*

*    &END*

*    &KIND FE*

*      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH*

*      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q16*

*    &END KIND*

*    &KIND N*

*      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH*

*      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q5*

*    &END KIND*

*    &KIND C*

*      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH*

*      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q4*

*    &END KIND*

*    &KIND H*

*      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH*

*      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q1*

*    &END KIND*

*  &END SUBSYS*

*  &DFT*

*    CHARGE 0*

*    MULTIPLICITY 3*

*    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME BASIS_MOLOPT*

*    POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME GTH_POTENTIALS*

*    &POISSON*

*      PERIODIC NONE*

*      POISSON_SOLVER WAVELET*

*    &END POISSON*