[CP2K-user] SCF convergence problem with large basis sets

ma...@gmail.com ma455... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:56:29 UTC 2021

Hi Nick,

Just curious about your third suggestion (the CUTOFF issue).
When I use ALL_ELECTRON basis sets, I found increasing CUTOFF does not
change the second value of "Electronic density on regular grids" at all,
although the SCF converged energy is decreasing. I tried DZVP all electron
basis set for Si. But even using a CUTOFF as high as 1000 Ry, the second
value of "Electronic density on regular grids" is still 13.5173370396 same
as CUTOFF of 50 Ry. I'm wondering do I need to worry about this when I use
ALL_ELECTRON basis sets?

Regards,
Hongyang

在2021年7月6日星期二 UTC+10 上午8:49:27<n... at berkeley.edu> 写道: