[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14650] how could the RAM for ADMM be negative number

Sun Geng gengs... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:05:01 UTC 2021

Dear Tiziano,
Thanks for your reply.
I applied the patch to the CP2K code (v8.1), and now it can print a
reasonable number for the RAM (below).
May I take the advantage to ask two additional questions regarding the RAM
in HFX? Thank you very much in advance.
1) The line "  HFX_MEM_INFO| Total memory consumption ERI's RAM [MiB]:
           540840" prints the total (including all MPI processors ) used
memory, am I right?
2) Is there a way to estimate the required memory for the HFX module before
running the CP2k program? I thought no because the memory is allocated
dynamically according to the occupation matrix, but I would like to have a
double-check.
Thanks again.
Best Regards,
Geng

  HFX_MEM_INFO| Number of cart. primitive ERI's calculated:
 32799680679415
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Number of sph. ERI's calculated:
 1498990881919
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Number of sph. ERI's stored in-core:
683885389270
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Number of sph. ERI's stored on disk:
   0
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Number of sph. ERI's calculated on the fly:
    0
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Total memory consumption ERI's RAM [MiB]:
 540840
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Whereof max-vals [MiB]:
10475
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Total compression factor ERI's RAM:
 9.65
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Total memory consumption ERI's disk [MiB]:
   0
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Total compression factor ERI's disk:
0.00
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Size of density/Fock matrix [MiB]:
 408
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Size of buffers [MiB]:
  25
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Number of periodic image cells considered:
  33
  HFX_MEM_INFO| Est. max. program size after HFX  [MiB]:
7536

在2021年1月28日星期四 UTC-8 上午8:09:03<tiz... at chem.uzh.ch> 写道: