[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14650] how could the RAM for ADMM be negative number

Tiziano Müller tiziano... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Jan 28 16:08:54 UTC 2021

Hi Geng,

can you please tell us which version of CP2K you are using and possibly
also submit an input file with which you can reproduce the issue?

But since that's quiet a number of ERIs (which seems a bit weird since
you're using ADMM), my first guess is an integer overflow here:

https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/5b641945b68ab1861fea87544a697b03403b4443/src/hfx_energy_potential.F#L1776-L1777

... while the target variable is an int8, the variables multiplied are
int4, and get multiplied first as such before converted to int8:
https://gcc.godbolt.org/z/x4hYsb
If you have CP2K v8.1 you can try the attached patch and see whether it
fixes the issue (only compile-tested so far).

Best,
Tiziano

--
Tiziano Müller