[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14633] Re: Spin Contamination "Rule of Thumb?"

Stephen Vicchio svi... at g.clemson.edu
Mon Jan 25 13:26:00 UTC 2021

Hi  Vladimir,

Thanks for the response! What would you say about the difference in ideal
and single determinant spin states that are Delta_S**2 = ~0.1-0.2? I have a
few calculations where the ideal S**2 is 6.00000 and the single determinant
S**2 is 6.150000.

I found a rule for Gaussian calculations where the difference should be
less than 10% of the ideal S**2. However, is that a reasonable assertion
for all UKS DFT calculations?

With much appreciation,

Stephen

--