[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14563] How to find the global minimum...?

Fangyong Yan fyya... at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 03:01:40 UTC 2021

Hi, Monu,

The difference energy is -6235.818 - (-6235.824) = 0.006 Hartree = 15.753
kj/mol.

So if you use 800 K, the Boltzmann factor is: exp(-dE/R/T) =
exp(-15.753*1000/8.314/800) = 0.09, which means you would have a
probability of 0.09 to "jump" from the lower energy to higher energy, by
the help of heat.

So I think NVT at 800K, may be helpful for exploring the potential energy
surface, even within 10ps.

Regards,

Fangyong