[CP2K-user] convergence problem of Ions in implicit water (SCCS)

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:12:47 UTC 2021

Hi ...

I don't know the basis set that you are using for Mg, however the PW cutoff
looks far too low and only 2 valence electron for Mg might be not optimal.
I doubt that the smearing would be useful for such a system, anyway it is
in general applied with mixing in the reciprocal space.
Alpha 0.1 is not very small, you can easily need much smaller value.

Regards
Marcella

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:22:23 PM UTC+1 bin... at gmail.com