[CP2K-user] Restart xTB geometry optimization/molecular dynamics

Julian Heske jjh... at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:22:19 UTC 2021

I forgot to mention that you can also add SCF_GUESS RESTART in section
CP2K_INPUT <https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT.html> / FORCE_EVAL
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL.html> / DFT
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT.html> / SCF
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/SCF.html> to also
restart the wavefunction if you have also printed that one out (*.wfn).
This may be important if you have a big system and/or decide to change to
DFT.