[CP2K-user] Restart xTB geometry optimization/molecular dynamics

Julian Heske jjh... at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:01:47 UTC 2021

Dear Mauro,

in principle you can restart the calculation via external file by:

&EXT_RESTART
  RESTART_FILE_NAME ./path/to/file/*.restart
&END EXT_RESTART

Therefore, you need a restart file of the time/optimization step, from
which you want to restart the calculation. Did you print out a restart file?

As default, all parameters are now used from the external restart file (at
which you can take a closer look) and not from the input file anymore. The
calculations runs as if you have use the restart file directly as input
(which you can alternatively also do). If you want some parameters to still
be taken from the initial input file, you can change the corresponding
RESTART_* parameter to .FALSE. in the section above .

Best,
Julian

mauro... at gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 8. Februar 2021 um 15:47:19
UTC+1: