[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14691] Calculating dipole moments for static dielectric constant calculation. Please help me decide whether and how to use Ewald summation.

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Feb 4 15:04:37 UTC 2021

Hi

that is wrong advice. You have to use the Berry phase dipole
in periodic settings.
Probably you were using the polarization/volume, check the units!
You might have to multiply by the cell volume (again units!).

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland