[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14677] Calculating dipole moments for static dielectric constant calculation. Please help me decide whether and how to use Ewald summation.

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Feb 4 12:28:35 UTC 2021

Hi

if you use Quickstep (DFT) then all calculations will use
the Ewald method unless PERIODIC NONE is specified.
The EWALD section will not be used.
This means you should use hte periodic dipole moment for your
calculation.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland