[CP2K-user] How to check the convergence of ADMM

ma...@gmail.com ma455... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:07:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am a rookie in using cp2k. In my project I need to use HSE06 for a large
system (1000 atoms) calculation. I have a few questions about using HSE06.
Could somebody provide me some suggestions?
(1) In pure DFT calculations (such PBE), I can use MONKHORST-PACK kpoints
scheme (e.g. 8 8 8) and run CELL_OPT calculations to get the optimized
lattice parameters and then compare these parameters with literatures to
confirm that the BASIS_SET and other settings used in the cp2k calculation
are good enough to reproduce this sytem. However, in HFX calculations, it
looks we can only use GAMMA kpoints scheme. The CELL_OPT with single kpoint
can not get the correct lattice parameters. Then how can we confirm the
BASIS_SET and setting in the cp2k calculations are accurate enough?
(2) HFX calculations are highly expensive so using ADMM approach is
necessary. In the tutorial, it says "Always check the convergence of the
primary and ADMM basis sets". I'm wondering what does this mean and how
exactly should we do the check the convergence of the ADMM basis set? Or in
another word, how do we usually choose which ADMM we use for our
calculations?
(3) My material is Si, a semiconductor. I'm wondering is it possible that I
can read the band-gap value directly from the output file after the SCF
calcualtion?
I really appreciate it if somebody could provide some help.

Thanks&Regards,
Hongyang