[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13957] Re: Kpoints, Diagonalization algorithm and Mixing

Lucas Lodeiro eluni... at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:37:40 UTC 2020

Dear Marcella,

As you mention, with OT method I tried with different preconditioners.
FULL_KINETIC is 20% faster than FULL_SINGLE_INVERSE, the other
preconditioners are slower. Thanks for the advice, I taked it into account,
thinking in order to reduce the CUTOFF and/or increase the EPS_SCF (Which
another could be a useful change to speed up?), but I preferred to search
another method first, to maintain the calculation tightness.

In the case of Diagonalization method with Kpoints, the extrapolation
methods based on wavefunction are not available... only LINEAR_P,
USE_PREV_P and USE_PREV_RHO, and their performance is not very good for an
MD calculation. :(

Regards