[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13945] Re: Large energy difference between md step and single point calculation

Massimo Bocus massib... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:05:36 UTC 2020

Dear Marcella,

I used that reference cell parameters as they derive from a static
optimization, then they relax and equilibrate during the npt run. Does cp2k
actually maintain the plane waves basis set size during the md run so that
once I do a single point calculation with the same pw energy cutoff the
number of pw is different? And could this in your opinion justify the
observed energy difference?

Thank you very much for the suggestion,
Massimo