[CP2K-user] Reading in E-field

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:35:43 UTC 2020

Partial answer. The section you refer to allows a time varying field to be
applied during a real time propagation time-dependent DFT simulation. I
think (i.e. am not sure) that the polarization keyword is still active and
a spatially constant E field in that direction is applied at each time
step. I am surprised it parses your cube file correctly.

If you want to apply a complicated E field that does not vary in time you
could try the external potential file that does allow a cube to be given.
The grad of this would be the E field you want. This is not time varying
though.

Matt