[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13794] Re: Regarding GPU version

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassy... at sassy.formativ.net
Wed Oct 28 22:26:13 UTC 2020

Hi Fabian, hi all.

I am hijacking a bit this thread as I think it is relevant.
I will have access to a GPU test machine which got the new Ampere GPU cards
installed. If I get the Wiki page correctly, I would need to set the GPU
version to A100, i.e.
 --gpu-ver=A100

Are the Ampere cards already supported in CP2K? Given that the latest version
was released *before* the Ampere cards were around, I got the feeling that
might not be the case.

Thanks for your help.

All the best from a dark and cold London

Jörg