[CP2K-user] PM6 wrong atom in population analysis

Stanislav Šimko stanisl... at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:14:37 UTC 2020

Dear developers,

I'm not sure if it's a problem in my input or there indeed is a bug, but I
noticed that atom type(s) are wrongly recognized in the population analysis
section when I try to use PM6 method.

In my specific case, N (Nitrogen) is printed out as Ni (I assume Nickel).
The same behavior is observed for one of the older dev branches
(v8.0, git:c1d396c) and the stable 6.1 version.

I haven't observed such issues for an equivalent system with DFT/PBE.

I attach my input + a random a test dummy structure that reproduces the
problem.

Thank you for help!
Best regards,
Stan.