[CP2K-user] How to set the initial molecular velocity?

Marcella Iannuzzi marci... at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 12:46:51 UTC 2020

Dear Tlyer,

One way to achieve this is to prepare the system with some MD run at a
desired temperature.
Then you restart the MD from the generated .restart file, where you have ad
hoc modified the velocities of the atoms that you want to accelerate.
Obviously in the EXT_RESTART section the restarting of velocities has to be
activated.

Kind regards
Marcella