[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14133] MIX_CL_TRUNC + ADMM in cp2k development branch

Nicholas Winner nwi... at berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 2 16:31:03 UTC 2020

Thanks for the reply. I do restart from GGA; I am also using a range
separated functional as the hf_admm_utils.F module actually takes the
coulomb and longrange scales and uses them to activate PBE_HOLE_TRUNC_LR
and XWPBE sections.

On the point of the short cutoff radius: there is actually a little
uncertainty in the ideal cutoff radius. In one sense, we would like to have
the truncated PBE0 converged w.r.t full 1/r, but there is some literature
evidence that the PBE0 form should be treated as a short-range interaction,
and the cutoff should be short. Since the short and long range terms have
different ideal mixing fractions, if we extend PBE0 cutoff out too far
(like 6-8Å), then while we are reproducing exact 1/r pretty well, we are
applying short-range mixing fraction beyond where we should.

Anyway, that's just an aside if you're interested. Thanks for the
assistance.

-Nick