[CP2K-user] [CP2K:14133] MIX_CL_TRUNC + ADMM in cp2k development branch

august... at chem.uzh.ch august... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Nov 2 10:27:10 UTC 2020

Dear Nicholas,

your XC input looks fine to me, but I have a few remarks. The cutoffs of the truncated Coulomb potential and the long range erf functions are very short. We typically use cutoffs that are around 6 Angstrom, which ensures that results are close enough to a calculation with standard Coulomb potential. Unless you are restarting your calculation from a well converged GGA level calculation, I would refrain from using the SCREEN_ON_INITIAL_P keyword, as the ATOMIC_GUESS starting point might not be good enough for porper screening. Finally, if you are using a range spearated HF potentials, you might want to combine it with a range separated DFT exchange functional as well.

I assume you set up the ADMM section properly and made a sensible choice of primary and auxiliary basis sets. Without your full input file however, this is impossible to say whether there is an issue there.

Hope this helps. Best,
Augustin