[CP2K-user] convergence issue with diagonalisation

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:20:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

Your cell has 12 atoms, the CIF should only define 6 for the unit cell. So
you doubled the number of atoms in only one direction but you gave a cell
size for a 2x2x2 supercell. Your calculation is slow to converge because
~3/4 of the volume of your cell is vacuum and this has to collapse before
you can get a meaningful structure.

-T