[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13553] ssmp and CPU loads

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Jun 29 09:50:21 UTC 2020

Hi

you get the most flexibility and best performance when using the
PSMP version of the code. The optimal combination of MPI ranks
and OpenMP threads will depend on your hardware and input.
My first guess is usually N MPI ranks and 1 OpenMP thread.

Your memory problem might be related to overhead (within CP2K)
from the SSMP code.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland