[CP2K-user] Geometry Optimization for Copper

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:23:42 UTC 2020

Your scf convergence criteria is not good enough, you should have EPS_SCF
much smaller, maybe 10-6 to ensure energies are converged to at least micro
hartree level.

I am not at all sure that the electric field and poisson solver work with
k-points. I also don't have experience with the implicit psolver to comment
on that setup. I'd remove that and check you can optimize a slab with
periodic boundaries first then tackle the more complicated problem
afterwards.

Matt