[CP2K-user] excluding selected interactions from DFT-D3

Fabian Ducry fabia... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:43:49 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I would like to study 2D materials on top of a metal (Au) substrate. To
correctly describe the interlayer distance between the layers of the 2D
materials I use the D3(BJ) correction. This, however, causes the metal to
contract leading to a poor description of the metal surface. Is there a way
to disable the D3 correction between the Au atoms while keeping the
interaction of the metal with the 2D materials?

I am aware of the
XC%VDW_POTENTIAL%PAIR_POTENTIAL%D3_EXCLUDE_KIND
keyword to exclude Au from the correction but I just want to exclude the
Au-Au terms, not the e.g Au-S interactions.

Best,
Fabian