[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13490] Classical Forcefield

Thomas Kühne tku... at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:19:25 UTC 2020

Dear Pierre,

to the best of my knowledge AMOEBA and multipolar FF’s aren’t implemented.
However, in the subsections NONBONDED, BOND, BEND etc. within
MM/FORCEFIELD there are quite a lot of potential forms that can be defined
beyond the FFs you have mentioned.

Greetings,
Thomas

> Am 09.06.2020 um 14:41 schrieb Pierre-André Cazade <pierre.a... at gmail.com>:
>
> Dear CP2K users,
>
> I would like to know which types of classical forcefields CP2K is capable of handling. I am well aware of the types of input formats CP2K can read (Amber, Charmm, Gromos) but I am more interested in the nature of the forcefield. Aside from Amber, Charmm and Gromos forcefields, can CP2K use AMOEBA? Can it use a multipolar model? What are the limits in terms of potential forms? etc
>
> Regards,
> Pierre

Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter