[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13447] Is it possible to run a Andressui or Fattebert Solvation Model with Molecular Dynamics?

Dev Rana dev.... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:26:35 UTC 2020

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your input. I understand that as the distance from C1 (carbon
#1) to C2 (carbon #2) increases, the band gap decreases until only the
valence electrons remains. When the distance between atoms becomes short,
the electrons converge into the conduction band which allows a bond to form
with overlapping electrons. Therefore, since my electrons were so far
apart, they had no band gap to overcome. I understand your rationale for
using a spin polarized run or smearing, and I have tried this using a 6
membered carbon ring, instead. i.e. all 6 atoms are close. Using SCCS & MD,
it tells me that I need a stress tensor enabled. So I turn it on, then it
says that SCCS is not configured for using the stress tensor. Therefore, I
can't really run SCCS with MD, unless I use a SCF OT method.

I guess I just don't understand how to run SCCS and MD with my system in
which I'd like to see a reaction occurring between the 6 carbon atoms as
they react into a ring or chain. What would you suggest?

I apologize for the many questions, I'm a complete newbie with this stuff,
with very little guidance as I am self-teaching these topics.

Best Regards,
Dev