[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13438] Problem with large CUTOFFs for non-local vdW functionals

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Jun 3 12:57:00 UTC 2020

Hi

Nonlocal vdW functionals make use of the precomputed kernel table.
This table was calculated with a maximum cutoff and this is checked
in CP2K to avoid unphysical extrapolation.
If you need such high cutoffs, you have to generate another
kernel file. This is a file that was generated from Quantum Espresso.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland