[CP2K-user] Problems performing calculations using k-points

Lucas Bandeira bandeir... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:00:39 UTC 2020

Dear CP2K community,

I'm trying to perform bulk calculations using K-Points for a Au
system.However, I'm having some problems with the .xyz coordinate file. Now
I'm wondering: should I change something in the xyz coordinate file? For
instance, instead of using the coordinates of my conventional unit cell, I
should use the coordinates of my primitive unit cell, or even the
coordinates of my first Brillouin Zone. In addition, can I perform Cell
optimization calculations using K-points? All the examples that I've seen
are for energy calculation.

To sure, I'm sending in attachment one of the cp2k inputs I'm using.

Yours faithfully,

Lucas Bandeira