[CP2K-user] TZV2P-MOLOPT-GTH for Ca

Abdullah Bin Faheem abdullahb... at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:22:43 UTC 2020

Greetings everyone,

I intend to run simulations of a box of water molecules with CaF2 to study
CaF2/water interfaces. I plan to follow the same protocols as used by
previous work (DOI: 10.1038/srep24287), where they use the TZV2P basis set
with  BLYP.
However, while I can find "TZV2P-MOLOPT-GTH" for F, H, and O from the
"BASIS_MOLOPT" file in the standard cp2k package; for Ca I can only find
the "TZV2P-MOLOPT-SR-GTH" short-range basis set in the "BASIS_MOLOPT_UCL"
file.
Can these two types of basis sets be used together? Has anyone had any
experience with such a calculation before?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Abdullah Bin Faheem