[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12796] 120680 atom system - CPASSERT failed

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Jan 21 11:06:26 UTC 2020

Hi

what Matt was pointing to is
1) there might be not enough memory
2) the plane wave part of the code might be buggy for this large
   size of code

As we have done calculations of similar size cells, my guess would be 1).
If I run your cell with one single water molecule and a cutoff of 100,
the job fits on my workstation with 256 GB memory. For a cutoff of
800 you will need approx. 8^1.5=22.6 times more memory (= 6 TB).
However, these are very rough estimates and my jobs stop with another
error message if there is not enough memory.

In any case, the CPASSERT points to a problem with the plane waves.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland