[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12796] 120680 atom system - CPASSERT failed

Pierre Cazade pierre.a... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 10:38:49 UTC 2020

Dear Matt,

I can hardly scale the dimension of the cell as it is a crystal with 8
protein units (space group 96). The crystal has been tested and relaxed
with a classical model to remove bad contacts with water molecules. As
for the large cutoff, I don't know what you mean by that. Even for
smaller systems (280 atoms), applying the methodology described in the
howtos, I have a hard time identifying a satisfactory combination of
cutoff and rel_cutoff providing good accuracy and convergence around
these values (I mean by convergence that, by slightly changing one or
the other cutoff, the accuracy remains the same). I usually find that
very high values for the cutoff are necessary. In fact, in the present
context I feel it is actually quite small but I need the system to run
first before I can optimize them anyway.

Regards,
Pierre

--
Dr Pierre Cazade, PhD