[CP2K-user] Omega parameter in range-separated functionals

Frederick Stein nwfr... at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 7 09:57:16 UTC 2020

Dear Zi,

You have only changed the omega value in the HF section. But you also need
a different omega value for the Libxc functional. These omega values are
independent from each other.

I had a look at the source code. There is no way to change any parameters
of the LC-wPBE functional in Libxc. I think you can reparametrize the HSE
functional of Libxc

      &XC_FUNCTIONAL
        &LIBXC
          FUNCTIONAL HYB_GGA_XC_HSE03
# According to
https://gitlab.com/libxc/libxc/blob/4.0.3/src/hyb_gga_xc_hse.c the
parameters should be (beta, omega_HF, omega_PBE)
          PARAMETERS 0.0 0.309 0.309
        &END LIBXC
      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL

Or you might try it with the CP2K implementation of WPBE:

      &XC_FUNCTIONAL
        &XWPBE
          OMEGA 0.309
          SCALE_X   1.0