[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12710] Weird Mulliken charge using 6-31++G** basis set compare to 6-31G* basis set in Ab initio MD calculation

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Fri Jan 3 10:49:27 UTC 2020

Hi

this looks like a common failure of Mulliken charges. Have a look
e.g. in the book of Jensen Introduction to Computational Chemistry.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland