[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12884] OT for Aluminum Oxide?

Nicholas Winner nwi... at berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 15 19:54:22 UTC 2020

OT should certainly be fast for a large band gap system like Al2O3. You
said that the speed of the scf iterations are slower, but is the full scf
convergence also slower? Things to consider are your preconditioner and
your outer loops I think. Full_single_inverse will be less effective than
Full_all in most situations. Generally use Full_all unless your system is
very large. Maybe also try reducing your max inner SCF cycles and
increasing your outer loop number. It could be that your initial state is
not so good, and so resetting often using more frequent outer loops will
help.