[CP2K-user] A single point calculation fails in a vibrational analysis

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 16:20:48 UTC 2020

Yes, we should add this to the FAQ. There is NPROC_REPLICA
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-6_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS.html#list_NPROC_REP>
keyword which says how many cores run on each single point job. If you run
with number of cores equal to 6*Natoms*NPROC_REPLICA it should run in one
shot (excepting time to diagonalise the Hessian which won't fully
parallelise but shouldn't be significant).

Matt