[CP2K-user] [CP2K:13760] CP2K 7.1 memory leak

Ole Schütt o... at schuett.name
Tue Aug 11 12:16:49 UTC 2020

Hi Paul,

you can run the pdbg binary which has LeakSanitizer enabled. When CP2K
exits it will print a detailed report of code locations that leaked
memory.

Note that there are already a few known leaks which we usually ignore:

https://github.com/cp2k/cp2k/blob/master/tools/toolchain/scripts/install_gcc.sh#L165

Generally, those leaks are considered benign, but if nothing else show
up then you might want to check them as well.

Cheers,
Ole