[CP2K-user] How to calculate the MD simulation containing the radical.

Vladimir Rybkin rybk... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:20:17 UTC 2020

Dear Du,

it's a matter of trial and error and finding the right combination of total
charge and spin. To me it's not clear what OH- is. OH* is a radical,
hydronium, on the other hand, has a closed shell. SO4- is also a strange
beast. If you set total spin to 2 and charge to -2, you'll likely get OH*
and SO4(2-). There is an option to play with the guess:

https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-6_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND/BS.html

Yours,

Vladimir