[CP2K-user] How to testify the production species are radicals or not, during the MD simulation.

Vladimir Rybkin rybk... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:39:04 UTC 2020

Dear Du,

in principle, population analysis will help, although Mulliken should be
used with care. There are other options in CP2K as well, e.g. Hirshfeld,
RESP. It may also be useful to print the spin density cube and analyse spin
density distribution visually.

It's not clear to me what the dissociation products are and which atoms in
the output belong to them, but as far as I see, spin moments on all atoms
are very small, i.e. there's no considerable spin polarisation. So, I would
say you don't have radicals.

Yours,

Vladimir