[CP2K-user] [CP2K:12255] Negative Pressure in NVT ensemble

Ramanish Singh sing... at umn.edu
Tue Sep 24 14:27:32 UTC 2019

Thanks Thomas Kühne.
I am simulating liquid Iodine close to the Vapor Liquid coexistence curve
using BLYP functional. I used experimental density to find the V for my NVT
simulations. But now I suspect there can be a two phase system in my box
and that's why the pressure is becoming negative.
So instead of the experimental density I am using slightly higher
density(~10 percent higher) to make sure it is in the liquid phase at that
Temperature. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ramanish Singh