[CP2K-user] Error with "Cholesky decompose failed"

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:42:54 UTC 2019

Hi,

SIGFPE is a GNU compiler catch-all signal for bad maths (e.g., division by
zero). What is the input file you tried running? An input deck like this is
most appropriate for HPC platforms with many nodes. You could also try
lowering the cost of the calculation by eliminating k-points,

*#  &KPOINTS#   SCHEME  MONKHORST-PACK  4  4  4#   FULL_GRID  .TRUE.#  &END
KPOINTS*

This would just be a test, k-points are necessary for accurate properties
of metallic systems.

-T